"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Friday, April 29, 2011

Yawn! What's new this weekend?

Seems like it's going to be a slow weekend for the movies.


The biggest film to hit theaters today is Fast Five.  My brother is totally stoked about this one, but it doesn't twist my Twizzler.  Apparently the original cast of The Fast and the Furious has been reunited for the making of this film, making it somewhat - dare I say - nostalgic.  Seems to me that it will have everything all the other films had - plenty of car chases, explosions, fights and violence, with a slightly different plot and a few good one liners.  If you're anything like my brother, or you're just looking for some mindless entertainment, you'll love it.  Me, I think $9 a pop is too much to pay for mindless.  I don't think for a second that this movie will be number one this week.  Maybe I'll be surprised.


Prom also opens this week.  Made by Disney, you can expect this one to be a wholesome look at the life of teens getting ready for the prom.  While I would have loved this movie when I was 14, at 27 I'm thinking I can skip it.


Hoodwinked Too is also out this week.  I didn't see the first Hoodwinked, and am shocked at the amount of buzz this film is getting.  People are genuinely excited about it.  I love the one preview I saw for it that declared it is "as good as Shrek."  Haha, lets not set the standards too high and call it better than Shrek.  Anyway, the film is about the disappearance of Hansel and Gretel, and the other fairy tail creatures trying to find them.  Meh.  This is one that I can see on DVD at best, or on TBS when it gets there.

So, if I make it to the movies this weekend, what can I watch?  I still haven't seen Water for Elephants, so that might be an option if Dan is game.  Hanna is another one I've been itching to see.  So, we'll see what we see!

2 comments:

  1. It really is a slow movie week. I'm looking forward to Thor, but purely for geeky, I love mythology, reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! There was seriously nothing out on DVD last week, and nothing worth watching in the theaters! I'm also looking forward to Thor! Lol, it's alright. You're in good geeky company. :-)

    ReplyDelete