"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

HARRY POTTER!


This week in DVDs Harry Potter dominates.  Friday marks the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 on DVD and Blu Ray, and I have to say, YEEEES!

The Blu Ray even features an exclusive clip of the upcoming film!  That by itself is nearly enough to make me buy it!  Aside from the fact that I have been very pleased with the way the Potter films have been done, and I just like them.

The seventh installment of the series finds the three troublemakers in world of hurt post Dumbledor's death.  They're on the hunt for the missing Horcruxes so they can once and for all be finished with Voldemort.

Before I saw the film in the theater, I worried about them breaking Deathly Hallows into two movies.  On one hand, the last book was nearly 1,000 pages, and I thought it was right to break it up, so that adequate time could be spent on the story.  On the other hand, I worried how they would break the story apart.  I mean, when I was reading it I felt like it was non stop action!  Where were they going to make the separation?  However, after I saw it, I thought that was just the right place to take a break.  It left me feeling like I do when I watch an episode of CSI that's "to be continued" (aaaahhh!!!) but, it served its purpose!  I got a taste of Harry Potter, and I wanted to come back for more!

Now, this week Best Buy is having a pretty excellent sale on the Harry Potter movies, and for those of you (like me) who don't have them yet, now's the time!  According to Sunday's flier, all previous Potter Blu Rays are $9.99 and the new one will be $16.99 for a single disc.  I'm not sure that that edition comes with the special features/exclusive content or not, but $9.99 for the previous ones is the steal of the century in my opinion!


So, I guess you want to know what else comes out on DVD this week, as if it really matters.  Country Strong makes its DVD/Blu Ray debut this week.  I was intrigued by this movie.  I'm always a sucker for stories about musicians that can over come drugs and alcohol and re-realize what made them great in the first place.  I don't think this is any Walk the Line type of film, but it could be entertaining.  It's on my rental list anyway.

And The Incredibles makes its Blu Ray debut this week as well.  The Blu Ray has several behind the scenes and the making of featurettes.  Since I already own the DVD of this film, those extras aren't enough to make me want to buy the Blu Ray.

So that's what's new this week on DVD and Blu Ray.  I'm hoping this release of Harry Potter is enough to get me through until July!

No comments:

Post a Comment