"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Saturday, April 9, 2011

All Tangled Up


I finally got to watch Tangled last night!!  It was sort of epic, because I'd put it at the top of my Blockbuster list, but they of course didn't have it right away (28 days before Netflix my butt).  So, they shipped it out to me early last week.  I got the disc and was all set to watch it, and the thing is completely cracked in half.  How does this happen to a brand new Blu Ray??  The movie was just released last Tuesday!  And, how do the people in the shipping center not notice this??  So, I'm all set up with my drink and my food and ready to put the movie in the Playstation when disappointment comes crashing down on me.  Thanks for that Blockbuster.

So, we send it back, and they sent me a new disc, rather quickly actually, and we got to watch it last night. This was an excellent flick.  Very Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast.  So, for those of you looking for the brilliant humor you found in Cars, The Incredibles or any of the Toy Story movies, Tangled wasn't it.  But, classic Disney genius it was.

The movie is about Rapunzel and how she came to be trapped in the tower.  She is then rescued by a thief who's wanted by the kingdom's royal guards for stealing the lost princess's crown (lost princess = Rapunzel, but she doesn't know that until the end).  The movie is filled with just the right amount of foolishness (mostly coming from Max the horse - an excellent character), sadness, and the moral goodness you've come to expect from an animated Disney movie.


Rapunzel is voiced by Mandy Moore, and I must say, she was a perfect fit for the role.  When the movie was out in theaters, I saw a clip of her on Regis and Kelly, and they were asking her if she changed her voice at all to be more "cartoony" and she said no, which I thought was hilarious (about 3:50 into the clip).  She's so smiley and happy naturally, she made the perfect Disney princess.

At the very beginning there was a little blip that said Tangled was Disney's 50th animated feature!  Kudos to them.  I'm so glad they picked the animation line back up with The Princess and the Frog.  There's nothing quite like an animated Disney film.

2 comments:

  1. If you watch the special features on Tangled, it shows a brief reel of the 50 animated features. There's only a small handful I've not seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! We missed that! We only got one disc though, was it a two disc thing? We watched the original storybook beginnings and some deleted scenes.

    ReplyDelete