"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Precious Returns


More Lord of the Rings/Hobbit hype today.  For those of you who haven't heard, The Lord of the Rings trilogy is coming back to theaters with extended scenes.  So, if you thought three hours was not enough time to get through the series, get ready!  Longer editions are making their way to the theater this summer.

The Fellowship of the Ring is due out June 14, The Two Towers is due June 21, and Return of the King will hit the big screen June 28 - just in time for my birthday, and early enough that they won't compete or interfere with the release of Harry Potter.

I'm undecided if I'll see these in theaters again.  I've already invested a ridiculous amount of money in this trilogy over the years, and I have them all on DVD and have seen them on Blu Ray accompanied by my husband's awesome HD TV.  So, do I need to spend my movie budget on that?  Probably not.  If I have extra money lying around, I might use it that way.  The temptation is certainly there.    Particularly since the rumors of the extended scenes explains some of the plot holes, like why Faramir's relationship with Boromir and his father is so strained, what happens romantically to Eowyn, and more.

At any rate, I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment