"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Only One Can Live


HARRY POTTER!!!  The first trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is online!  First of all, can I just say, it's about friggin time!  I mean, it's been since November that we got our last taste of fresh Harry Potter material!

Ok, enough with the exclamation points.  In all seriousness, the new trailer is great.  It provides small glimpses of what you can expect, and if you blink, or only watch the trailer 5 times instead of 10, you're liable to miss something.

First is the horcruxes.  Lets not forget the overall mission of this story, finding and destroying all the horcruxes.  We get a glimpse of a few of them - ones that have yet to be found, and ones that have already been destroyed.

Second, is the major focus on Snape.  The truth about Snape will finally be revealed with this epic finale, and I can't WAIT to see it!  And, who is that that Voldemort is performing a killing curse on about 29 seconds into the trailer?  Don't blink or you'll miss it.

Lily also makes an appearance in the trailer, as part of what I can assume is Snape's flashbacks.

The end scene worries me.  Is that Hogwarts that's become a ball of fire?!  I mean, I know it was a mess in the book, but it might make me cry a little to actually see it destroyed.

And, can I just say, I love the soundtrack for these films.  Every time I hear those notes I get goosebumps.  The way they've slowed the tune down for the opening of this trailer is amazing.

Of course, it all boils down to the final battle.  Only one can survive.  And I can't wait to see Harry do it!

1 comment:

  1. I started bouncing up and down when I watched the trailer. I cannot WAIT to see how they deal with Snape's story!!! Gah!!! Is it July yet?

    ReplyDelete