"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ever Want To Go Cross Country With A Crazy Stranger? Me Neither.


Watched Due Date last night.  Despite how stressful it was, I loved it.  I like Robert Downey Jr. a lot.  I think his delivery is priceless and the way he can just spout insults, you can't help but laugh.  I didn't see the Iron Man movies until I fell in love with Downey Jr.'s comedic genius in Sherlock Holmes.  (By the way, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows is due out in December!!)

"You're 23?  How did you live that long?  How have you not gotten hit by a car?"

I swear, I've known people I could have said that to!

The movie follows a guy (Downey Jr.) as he tries to make it home before his wife gives birth to their baby. Stressful enough on it's own.  Throw in a character like Ethan - Tramblay or Chase, who knows - (played by Zach Galifianakis from The Hangover), and chaos ensues.  

First the boys get thrown off a flight after a vast overreaction on the part of the crew.  They are then placed on a no fly list to continue this overreaction.  Commentary on the way the TSA is keeping us "safe?"  Who knows.  Peter is then forced to drive from Atlanta to Los Angeles with this crazy stranger who got him put on the no fly list.  Major events include surviving a flipping over accident in their rental car, getting arrested in Mexico and then explosively escaping, and Ethan shooting Peter in the leg, all in the matter of a few days, and all before he can get back to L.A. to see his baby born.

The storyline is complex to say the least.  Realistic, no.  Funny, yes!  I'd recommend this film to anyone who likes either Galifianakis or Downey Jr., or to anyone who just needs a bit of a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment