"Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Making Reasoning a Myth



I was a guest on The Myth of Reason this week discussing the latest movie news and releases.  I have to say, it was pretty fun!

First, we talked about the movies that will be out on Friday, which I usually wait to write about until Friday, but meh. 


Arthur will be out Friday, with Russell Brand, Helen Mirren and Jennifer Garner.  Sean was pretty stoked about this one, but sadly he was alone.  I’m not much for that Russell Brand-style comedy.  At best, I might see that for Helen Mirren.  But, I think my $9 could be better spent elsewhere this week.  Anyway, the movie is about a millionaire who risks loosing his family’s fortune when he falls for a woman his folks don’t approve of.  Again, meh.  


Your Highness is also coming out this week.  The stoner comedy stars Danny McBride, James Franco, Zoey Deschanel, and Natalie Portman.  I’m not typically a stoner comedy kind of person, but this one has me intrigued.  Generally I’ll see anything with Natalie Portman, and I’m excited to see how she follows her Oscar winning performance.  For me, I think this one is a good renter.


Hanna was the last new film we talked about.  Starring Eric Bana, Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones), and Cate Blanchette, the premise of the film is a 16-year-old assassin, trained by her father (Bana), and hunted by Blanchette’s character.  I have to say, I’m pretty intrigued by this one.  I like Eric Bana, and tend to think he’s excellent in just about everything (Troy, The Time Traveler’s Wife, and so on).  I hated The Lovely Bones, but I’m willing to forgive a young actor, particularly since that book was bizarre.  Sean pointed out that the film is directed by the same person who did Pride and Prejudice and Atonement, two of my favorite films, so this one definitely has potential for me.

DVDs were next on the agenda on the Myth.  Out yesterday was a special edition Tron with an exclusive light disc.  At $80, it’s a steep price tag, but for a movie like that, it would be cool to have all the bells and whistles that go with it.  I kind of think thought, it should come with a light bike for that much.  Screw the disc.  Give me a bike!  

Little Fockers is also out on DVD this week, and I’m stoked.  I haven’t seen it yet, but I hope it’s as awesome as the first two.  I think the beauty of the Fockers movies is they have the same people in them.  Sequels that change actors for the same characters just don’t do well.  

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader is out this week on DVD and Blu Ray.  I didn’t see the second Narnia movie, after feeling a bit let down by the first one, and I probably won’t see this one.  Except Sean did say it was better than the second one, so maybe if it’s on TBS I’ll check it out.  But that’ll be a few months.  

So, that was my stint on Myth of Reason this week.  I’ll let you know when it’s available for download.  In the mean time, check out last week’s episode.  

Now…to contemplate what I will write about for the rest of the week…

No comments:

Post a Comment